Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful for the unconditional love that I get from being a mommy. In my teenage years & early 20's I didn't want to have kids, and now, I couldn't imagine my life without Jillian. What did I used to do with my time before her? My life has changed in the past 2+ years, but it is definitely for the better. When I pick Jillian up from daycare, she drops whatever she is doing, yells Mommy, runs over to me and hugs me like it has been days since she has seen me. I am so thankful, that I don't have to go through my life not knowing a childs unconditional love. She doesn't care that I overslept today or that I need to shave my legs or that I have purplish highlights or that I didn't pick up the house before I went to bed. She just loves me because I am her mommy. She loves that I fixed her dinner, that I didn't yell at her for pottying on the kitchen floor, that I watched Monster Inc and some of Finding Nemo. She loves that I looked at pictures with her in her Disney book & stroked her face before she fell asleep. I know life with kids isn't always going to be this simple especially as she gets grows up and gets more demanding or as we add to our family, but right now, at this moment, I am thankful for being a mommy, for having that unconditional love and couldn't imagine it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. I must be emotional, this blog almoat made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Jamie, quit being such a good blooger. You're putting mine to shame.

    ReplyDelete