Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend

Well, we had a good weekend. Friday night, Jillian, Chris and I went to Outback for a yummy dinner. Then we went & saw Chris's cousin, Brittney, play softball at Brownsburg. Jillian had a great time playing in the rocks, eating a popsicle and running around without shorts on because her diaper wasn't on correctly & she pooped in her pants. What a mess!! The softball diamonds didnt have a changing facility, so we walked over to a grassy area & I changed her diaper. And boy was it a nasty diaper! So, that was an experience. She looked like such a white trash baby, but she was still cute!
Saturday, we got up and I took her for her first haircut. She didn't want to sit in one of their chairs so she just sat in my lap & did a fabulous job!!! Leaving on the other hand, was a different story. We went to Cookie Cutters & they have a play ground there for the kids to play on, which Jillian was doing. When it was time to leave, she threw a HUGE fit! I had to carry her out which wasn't easy to do because I had my hands full with all the crap they give you plus her "baby". I put her down on the sidewalk & she took off running down the sidewalk. When I caught up with her, she layed down on the sidewalk, screaming and crying. So I picked her up in a football hold & took her to the car. Getting her into the carseat wasn't easy either. She kicked, screamed, knocked off my glasses and tried to bite me. The little poop head. She finally calmed down by the time we got home, told me she was sorry & gave me a kiss. She took a long nap & then Ellen stopped by to pick her up so Chris and I could go over to Mark & Annies for their house warming party. We had a great time there & got home about 1:30ish a.m. I went & picked Jillian up from Ellens around noon. Everything was good until Jillian and I went for a walk. She sat in her umbrella stroller for some of the walk until she decided she wanted to push the stroller. It was so cute watching her push it like such a big girl. I wish I had a camera because there were plenty of "Kodak" moments. Then when it was time to head for home and we were crossing the parking lot she didn't want to listen to me and the fit ensued. OMG, it was awful. Finally, I got her strapped down in the stroller & pushed her home. She may have worn the toes of her sandals out because she kept dragging them, trying to get me to stop. Which I didn't stop once. It is amazing how they can go from so cute & sweet to a screaming crying tyrant in less than 1 second! UGH. When we finally got home, chris made her apologize to me and the rest of the evening went fine. Chris asked me if I still wanted another child after this weekend. I told him yes because the good times far outweigh the bad. And it is true. I will remember the good times way more than the bad, I think. She is just too cute & sweet most of the time.
We have a busy week this coming week, so we will see how much I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment