Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend













We have had yet another good weekend. The picture of Jillian & Chris is actually from last weekend, but I didn't post it. On Friday, Chris inflated Jillians pool before he golfed. The water was soooo cold, but you couldn't tell it by the way Jillian played in it. She had a blast playing in the pool and with the hose. I got in a couple of times and she laughed hysterically as she sprayed me with the hose. I love that laugh, the one where she laughs so hard there is no sound. If that makes sense. I had a heck of a time getting her out of the pool to take a nap. I didn't think she could open the storm door into the backyard, but I learned yesterday that she could. So, we will definitely have to keep an eye out for that. She played it in for a few minutes after her nap, but wasn't into it as much as what she was before her nap. We then went shopping for her a lawn chair. I gave her a choice between pizza & McDonalds for dinner & of course, she picked McDonalds. So, we had a mommy & daughter dinner at McDonalds. She was a very good girl.
Yesterday, we went down to Rick & Shelleys for our annual 4th of July cookout. It was rainy & kinda cold, but we had a good time. Good food, family, friends & soggy fireworks. We sat on Rick & Shelleys portch while the men let off the fireworks. Jillian was standing in my lap & would jump when the fireworks first went off, but then would look at me, cock her head to the side and say "more?" It was quite cute. She fell asleep on the way home, which was close to 11:00 and didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning. That was very nice.
Then today, chris, Jillian and I got up & went to Bob Evans for breakfast. Jillian was a little bit of a stinker, but nothing too bad. Then we stopped by Walmart to grab a couple of things for dinner. Jillian saw a Toy Story t-shirt with Woody on it & wouldn't let it go. It was only $5 bucks so we bought it for her & she has only taken it off to eat spaghetti o's for dinner & to take a bath. She loves Woody! I will have to continue to look for the movie for her. Then Chris went golfing & Jillian and I just hung out at home. Nothing too exciting really. She did find some lotion & decided I needed some on my feet. She would rub it in & then slap them periodically. It was very cute. She also wanted to wash my feet with her bubbles while she was in the bath. She must not like my feet, hmmm wonder why? I do think we are going to buy her pull ups & start trying to train her next week. Today, she told me she poopied & wanted her diaper off. She hadn't pooped, but when I took the diaper off, she sat on the potty for a second. She didn't go, so I just assumed she had gone pee in her diaper because she says she went poopie alot of times when she has just peed. Well a few minutes later, she comes running out of her bedroom saying "uh-oh" and I knew right then she had gone to the bathroom. I thought it was pee, but oh no, she pooped on the floor!! Not only did she poop, but she stepped in it on her way out to the living room. YUCK!! So, she obviously is learning the feeling of having to go. Potty training her, I'm sure will be an adventure, but I think she is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment