Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that i am able to wake up every morning and walk without any assistance. After seeing my mom in so much pain recently & barely being able to walk, it has made me appreciate being able to just "get up & go". My mom used to be a "get up and go" kind of woman & now she can barely move. When she does get up, she has to use a walker and lug around a wound vac attached to the incision in her back. Now she has to have surgery again on Wednesday to clean up her wound & resuture it from the inside out. We can only hope & pray this will help her heal & get back to her "get up and go" self. I guess you just take things like walking without assistance for granted until you can do it any longer. So, again, I am thankful I can walk on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment