Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We had a very busy weekend. Friday night, we went to a hotel that my mom & grandma were staying at to go swimming. Jillian had so much fun jumping in over & over again. She kept telling me to let go of her, so I eventually did & she realized what would happen if I did let go (she didn't have floaties or anything on) & didn't ask again. LOL. We didn't get home until 10:00 & then she "had" to eat a bowl of cereal, so I don't think she went to bed til 10:30.
Saturday, we went to Darcy's wedding reception. We had a nice time. Unfortunately, Jillian saw a playground when we pulled up & wouldn't let go of the fact that she wanted to go play on it. She pitched a fit, so we left around 8:30. Then, Dana & Danny came over to watch a pay per view UFC fight. Jillian had a hard time going to bed since she knew we were out in the living room watching TV. Especially because she really likes Danny. She eventually fell asleep around 11:00. I enjoyed watching the fight.
Sunday, we went down to Rick & Shelley's for their annual 4Th of July gathering. It was so freaking hot, but thankfully there was a slight breeze. Jillian & the kids had fun in the sprinkler. We didn't know there would be a sprinkler, so Jillian just ran through it in her panties.
.

Chris & Jillian playing with the sprinkler.

Jillian & Sarah playing in sprinkler

Jillian after playing in sprinkler.


Jillian did not like the fireworks though. I wanted to sit & watch them at first, but then the mosquitos were out so badly, that I was fine going into the house. I think we were just too close to where they were lighting them off. There were some off in the distance & she liked looking at those. So, her & I went into the house & I gave her a bath. She cracked me up at one point in time (it may have been one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it cracked me up). She decided she had to potty shortly after getting in the tub, I was just letting the water run, so I told her to go in the bathtub, but she couldn't quite "figure" that out. So I got her out, she went & she started to walk back to the tub. She fell on all fours because the floor was slip. Instead of crying or anyting she just kept saying "oh gosh, oh gosh." Then she said "put me back in there." talking about the bathtub. I laughed so hard I almost peed. Like I said, maybe it was one of "those" moments. We didn't leave until 11:30 or so. Jillian fell asleep on the way home.
Monday, we didn't do anything, but go to Target. While I was getting ready to go to Target she came into the bathroom in the get up below & said "I'm going to work in the garden"


Jillian in her "garden" outfit.

The "skirt" she has on is actually a knitted shaw that I had when I was a child. I'm not sure how old it is, but it was quite funny that she is using it as a skirt.
If it wasn't so hot outside, I would have let her wear it, but it was too HOT. She is so funny. I told her I can only hope Carleigh makes me laugh as much as what she does because the child definitely knows how to make me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat, unique sense of style she has, Jamie! I think I am going to enjoy your blog & stories. I am glad I saw this link on your fb page. Enjoy the rain!~ Much Respect & One Love

    ReplyDelete