Saturday, July 17, 2010

34 OB appointment

Well, my appointment didn't go too well. The nurse asked how things were going. I told her I had been getting headaches & my feet/ankles were starting to swell. She took my blood pressure & said it was elevated, when I asked what it was she said 140/94. She said that is probably why I was having headaches! When Dr. Gates came in, he asked if he was looking at the right chart because my blood pressure has been so low & now today it is quite high. I told him my ankles & feet were getting really bad & painful. When he looked at them he looked very sympathetic. I told him I wasn't exaggerating. He said he was hoping I had been, which I wasn't! He said he would take my blood pressure again just to make sure. He said maybe with me sitting there for awhile it would have gone down. I didn't tell him that I had been waiting for half hour. He measured me & said I was measuring right on target. He also listened to Carleighs heartbeat & that sounded good & strong! He said she is head down now. After that, he checked my blood pressure & it wasn't much better, it was 130/92. So, it had gone down a little, but not much. He seemed quite concerned. He told me I had to take it easy this weekend & come back on Monday. I also had to give blood to make sure nothing was going on there, I guess. He said I am close to 35 weeks & they obviously like to try to get me to 40 weeks, but we may not be able to make it. So, Carleigh my be arriving sooner than expected! Yikes. I'm trying to take it easy this weekend, but Chris had to golf today (father/son tourney) and when taking care of a 3 year old, it is kind of hard. We are watching a fascinating Barbie Mermaid movie (LOL) that I bought at Target today to try to keep her pre occupied. So far so good. Tomorrow Chris will be home, so it will be easier. I'll post about Mondays appointment shortly after!

No comments:

Post a Comment