Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dentist appt.

Jillian had her 3rd dental appointment today. She saw Dr. Thompson this time. Oh, boy was that an experience for Chris. I thought it was going to be bad because she was whiny when she first got to the office. She was crying because I wanted to wash off her face & hands because she was very dirty. That wasn't a good sign. So, they finally took her back into a room and closed the door. She was screaming so loudly they could hear her across the exam area in the other room. Then when Dr. Thompson heard her, he said "Who is that?" When Ellen told him it was Jillian he said "We have a strong willed child do we?" That is an understatement. Chris said he came into the room with his hands covering his ears. I don't really know how good the exam was because when she came out she came up to me (her cheeks were very red) and was upset because she wanted an orange ball instead of the green one she picked. When I said no, she lost it & I made Chris take her out of the office because I knew that wouldn't go over well. Chris did say Dr. Thompson didn't really get a good look at her frenum and it is written in the chart to look at it next time. But I don't think there were any cavities, so all is good. She was a 2T (we grade on behavior) but I changed it to a 2F. I got yelled at by a couple of my co-workers because she is only 2, but it still sounds like she was an F to me. So I changed it to 2FT. We have been trying really hard to brush her teeth every night. We are also going to start using fluoride toothpaste. With the teeth Chris & I have, it is a good idea to take as many precautions as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment