Monday, August 10, 2009

Jillian playing on the beach at Heritage Lake

Chris and Jillian swimming in Heritage Lake
PJ, Chris & Danny watching the ski show on Heritage Lake

Dani pushing Brooklyn on swings at Kellys
Chris pushing Jillian on swings at Kellys


On Friday, we went out to Splash Island in Plainfield for a pool party for Avon Orthodontics. It was rainy & overcast when we first got there. And unfortunately, it hadn't been extrememly warm out all day, so the water was freezing. Jillian went down the slide a couple of times. I had to practically push her down the first time, but after that, she was fine. Chris got in the water for awhile, but said the water was so cold it physically hurt his man parts. LOL. We got out shortly after because Jillians lips were shivering. They had a bunch of snacks to give out. We went & ate some of the junk food and just hung out with some of my co-workers. It was a good time, but cold. Jillian fell asleep shortly after getting home.
On Saturday, Jillian and I went to the hospital to see my mom. She did a much better job at St. Vincent, than she ever did when we visited her at RHI. The nurses were just "gushing" over Jillian. She was looking pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.
After nap time, we went out to Heritage Lake. A sub hygenist that works for us periodically invited us all out for a hog roast. Danny & Dana rode with us. Dani, PJ, Brookly & their nephews met us out there. We had such a good time. We ate and drank a little. Chris, PJ & Danny played in a cornhole tourney, but none of them won. I think they had a good time playing though. We walked over to the beach to watch a ski show & the kids played in the water. We weren't excpecting to be playing in the water, so the kids were still in their clothes. Dani ended up taking Brooklyns diaper off, but I didn't want to mess with all the sand being in EVERY crevice, so I kept her diaper on. It was hilarious seeing how it just ballooned out. She looked like she had ALOT of junk in her trunk. LOL. Dana, Jillian & I walked over during the cornhole tourney & watched a band play. Jillian was so cute dancing. I tried to download a video of her, but it never uploaded. I was exhausted because I was running around all day. Jillian fell asleep just as we were getting home. We had such a good time & am so glad Kelly invited us out. Everyone was very nice.
Jillian must have been wore out too because she slept til almost 9:00 this morning. Woo hoo. I really didn't expect that at all. We got up & hung out for a little bit. I then went to do some running for my mom & went back up to the hospital. Her infectious disease dr. came in while I was there. And the news wasn't good. The dr. said the lower part of the incision is being held together by the stitches, but the incision is opening up again!!! I sure hope my mom gets better soon. She can't seem to catch a break. She deserves to be better & living life to the fullest. I know she hates laying in that bed & missing out, not only on her life, but her families life. I know she is getting fed up with everybodys encouraging words. It does get old after awhile. But before the dr. came in, she said she was feeling alot better today & she is sitting up for as long as possible when she can. So, at least, she is feeling a little better. It will be 3 months on the 15th!
When I got home & Jillian woke up from her nap, we left to go back out to the Aquatic Center because it was HOT today & I felt like going there since there is so much for her to do. Unfortunately, it was full to capacity. I felt so sorry for Jillian because as we were pulling in she asked me to put on her shoes & wanted her towel. Then I had to break the news to her that we couldn't go. She started crying, so I called Ellen to see if we could go to her pool. She said we could, so we headed over to her neighborhood. We had a good time. Jillian was cracking me up because she would get out of the pool to jump in & do this little dance with her arms before she jumped into my arms. It was quite comical. Another lady was watching her & laughing. She told me later that she was so cute. She even was singing the ABC's before she jumped in. We went to DQ afterwards. Unfortunately, the Tagalong blizzard, wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, gosh darn it!! We came home, hung out & ate dinner. Jillian said she wanted to take a shower instead of a bath. That never happens and of course, once we tried to get her into the shower, she freaked. So, I got in with her & she just stood at the far end of the bathtub where the shower wouldn't get her. It was actually fun. She got some shower gel & washed my face, got shampoo & washed my hair & then conditioned it. It was actually alot of fun, but she never got close to the water coming out of the shower head. lol.
When it was time for bed, she wanted to sleep in our bed. I tried to get her to go down in there, but she kept moving around. At one point in time, I had my head resting on her head & she kept licking my nose. It was so hard not to laugh!! Chris said today when he put her down for her nap, she started in our bed, but got down. So he put her in her crib. A few minutes later he heard her talking so he peeked in to see what she was doing & she was in her rocking chair!! The little stinker climbed out of bed & was in the rocking chair! She is so humerous.
We are going to the state fair on Wednesday, another swim party on Friday, and I have Dana's bachlorette party on Saturday. Busy, busy! And it isn't slowing down anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment