Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well, I may have spoken too soon about Carleigh being a quiet baby. LOL. She has been fighting her sleep & cries if she is awake & not being held. She still seems to sleep well once she has fallen asleep. She wakes up at night every 3-5 hours to eat. I'm hoping once she starts going to daycare she will sleep better in her crib since she will be sleeping in one there. She went to the doctor today for her month check up. Dr. said we could try Similac Sensitive for her gas or mylecon, which we have done to no avail. She said some babies are just more gassy than others. It seems to bother her sometimes & sometimes she doesnt' seem to notice. She weighs 9lb 7.5 oz which is 54%; height is 21 inches which is 42% & her head is 15 inches which is 72%. She is bigger than Jillian at this age, not by much, but a little bigger. Doctor said everything looks good & to come back in a month. She will get shots then. Oh joy!
Jillian & I went to a bounce house last Wednesday. She had a blast going down the slides. At first she didn't want to go down by herself & then she told me she didn't need me to go down with her anymore. My independent girl. She asked me today what we are going to do tomorrow that is fun. lol. We decided to go to Chic fil a & play on their playground. Hopefully that goes well because I will also have Carleigh. Jillian has been getting up quite early this past week & not wanting to go back to bed. That is not fun! I'm trying a new tactic with bedtime by giving her 5 coins & every time she calls us into the room we take a coin away. After the 5th coin is taken then I don't go in there no matter how many times she calls. At first it worked great, but now, she doesn't really care if we take a coin. But I think it helped a little in the fact that she doesn't really call me in the room as much. Which was the point, so we will see what transpires.
We had a good Labor Day weekend. Saturday we went down to rick & Shelleys for a cookout. We had a good time. I love my in laws & love hanging out with them. Sunday we went to the Zoo. We had a nice time except for when it was time to leave. Jillian didn't want to leave when we had to leave, but eventually got over it & apologized. Then we made yummy sugar cookies! They are addictive! Monday we just hung out at home other than Chris & jillian going to Walmart. Jillian helped me make Manicotti (she called it hamicotti. lol). She stuffed the shells. She loves to help cook & bake, which I LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment