Thursday, September 23, 2010

Essure procedure

I had my Essure procedure done on Tuesday. I am now on the road to not being able to have anymore kids. I was sad for just a second or two. Chris didn't quite understand that because of how miserable I am when I am pregnant. But it really is a big decision to make. I'm only 34! Even though, holding Carleigh melts my heart & I know she will now be my last baby, I know I don't want anymore. The lack of sleep is taking its toll on me slowly. I can't imagine how it will be when I go back to work. Although, Chris will be getting up more then, right now he just gets up on the weekends. Work is going to be a little hellish when I go back. Dani quit unexpectedly, Alisa will be going on maternity leave anytime & Shannon is in Florida with her dying mother. I started Weight Watchers last night & most of my points may come from alcohol. LOL. Anyway, back onto my procedure.
Ellen took me to my procedure & took care of Carleigh while I slept afterwards. I had to start taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen twice a day two days prior to appointment. One day prior to the appointment I had to take two pills to dilate my cervix. The morning of my appointment, I had to take 1000mg of Vicoden an hour prior to procedure. They called me right back & said the first hour was to wait for my medicine to kick in before the procedure began. I just got to lay on a table with a heating pad on my back & relax. That was quite nice. I haven't had that relaxion in a while. After an hour or so, Dr. Gates came in to start the procedure. He said he was hoping he wouldn't have to inject my cervix. The nurse said they normally don't have to do that unless the woman hasn't ever had a dilated cervix or been in labor. Dr. Gates said "Jamie doesn't labor, she just delivers." LOL. I love him. Anyway...he started the procedure & I got to watch it on the screen. It was very cool to see. I wish they would have explained what they were doing, but I figured it out, for the most part. He just inserted coils into each of my fallopian tube. I cramped a little when he was actually inserting the coils, but other than that, it was pain free. I cramped a little that night too, but nothing a little Ibuprofen couldn't take care of. I don't feel like I had anything done at all. I think that may be one reason why I am not "mourning" the fact that I can't have any more kids. I almost forget I had anything done. I would definitely recommend this procedure to anyone (I guess that is as long as it works & I don't have any more kids. lol). I go back in 3 months to have a xray to make sure the scar tissue has wrapped around the coil. Hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment