Friday, August 27, 2010

Life so far with Carleigh has been pretty good. She is a pretty quiet baby most of the time unless she gets really hungry. She wakes up about every 3 hours to eat. She eats about 3-4 ounces each time. She gained 8 oz in a week. She won't sleep in her crib, but sleeps fairly well in her swing or glider thing we have. I'll take sleep anyway I can. She is a very sweet baby & looks just like jillian did at her age.
I think Jillian had a little trouble adjusting to Carleigh. She was pretty mean to me for a few days after we got home, but thankfully things have returned to normal. Jillian is constantly in Carleighs face kissing & hugging on her. If Carleigh cries Jillian is shusshing her & telling her everything will be ok. She has such good intentions, but I'm hoping the mother hen slows down a little because she stresses me out. I still take her to school everyday, but Wednesday to keep her on a schedule. Which she proved to me yesterday is a good thing. She stayed home with me on Tuesday & Wednesday because grandma Juju is in town. Yesterday morning was not a good morning for Jillian & leaving her at school was even worse! But she always enjoys herself there & gets worn out by playing with her friends. Things haven't really changed much for her since Carleigh has joined the family. I still give her most of her baths & play with her before she goes to bed. I don't know how single moms live because Chris is a life saver. I would be pulling my hair out if it weren't for him sometimes. He takes care of Carleigh while I take care of Jillian.
I'm sure things will get more complicated the more Carleigh is awake, but right now, things seem to be going pretty smoothly. Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment