Saturday, November 28, 2009

It has been a busy week! We had the day off on Wednesday and some of the girls and I from work went & saw New Moon, which was wonderful. We were the only ones in the room, so it was nice being able to talk out loud to each other. I picked Jillian up a little bit early from daycare so we could make cookies. She liked eating the cookie dough even though I kept telling her not to do it.
Thursday we got up & went to Brooke & Steve's for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom went with us, we had a good time. Jillian fell asleep on the way home and unfortunately didn't go back to sleep when we got her out of the car. So, guess what we watched.....Dora! OMG the girl is obsessed with Dora. Every waking moment she has to be watching Dora. (it is so bad she was telling me tonight step by step about the Christmas episode while we were laying in bed tonight). My mom left & then came back to stay the night. Chris had to work & Ellen talked me into getting up at 4:00 a.m., yes I wrote 4:00 a.m., for Black Friday.
I kept debating with myself on if I wanted to actually get up & go, but I am so glad I did! We were going to stand in line at Target to get a bag they were handing out to the first 500 people, but the line was too long & it was WAY to cold to do it. So we started out at Walmart since they were letting you in the store, you just couldn't get any of their deals until 5:00. It was amazing at 5:00 when they were unwrapping all of the stuff, how you could just "hear" the excitement level increase. Ellen "dove" in and got Jillian some pjs & a hoodie. I thought at one point in time I had lost her because she was gone in the pj section for quite a while. Note to self for next year: don't take a cart! It would have been much better for myself if I didn't have to deal with a cart in the madness. Checkout was amazingly easy. Then we headed off to Target and met Dana there. The checkout line was pretty long, but it moved pretty quick too. We got home around 7:15. I wanted to try to take a nap, but I of course wasn't tired by then. My grandma, Aunt Sally and cousin Jeremiah got here around 10:30. I had to run to the store like 3 times throughout the day. And then we needed baking powder, but thankfully my mom & Jeremiah ran to the store because I refused!We had a nice time. They made 5 lb loaf and peanut blossoms. My grandma as sitting at the table near the end of the evening & asked how she was doing. She started crying and said she feels like she is such a nuisance to everyone and just gets in the way. How sad! It made me cry too. I told her I was so happy she was here & it made the day even better because she was here. I love her so much!
Today, Chris, Jillian and I got up and went to Bob Evans. And guess what Chris did when we got home????? He moved Jillian's bed back into her room!! Yeah! She even got to take a nap in her own room. He finished for the most part yesterday, there are a few spots he needs to touch-up, but he can do that with her bed in the room. Other than that, we did nothing. I will post pictures of Thanksgiving at my house & her room tomorrow.
I have had such a great Thanksgiving! Can't wait til Christmas. We are reading Christmas books that Aunt Darcy gave to Jillian yesterday. Jillian has no desire to sit on Santa's lap. On the way down to Brooke's she kept saying "I no sit on Santa's lap" with her little finger waving at me. That is her new thing. Pointing her finger at me when she is adamant on something. I need to watch what I am doing with her because obviously I must do that to her.
More tomorrow, I think this is long enough. I will try to think of some funnies that Jillian said this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment