Sunday, February 27, 2011

Girls Weekend

We had a great time on our girls trip. We left after work on Friday to head down to Louisville. We got to the hotel & didn't go anywhere after we got settled. Saturday we got up & made our way down to the Jim Beam distillery.

Jim Beam distillery

Jim Beam distillery/tours

Booker Noe.







Barrels & Barrels of Jim Beam

It wasn't as neat as Jack Daniels was, but we got to taste test 2 Jim Beam products. That made the short tour worth it. LOL. They are building a new visitors center that is opening next Spring. The tour will then take you around to actually see how Jim Beam is made. This tour just took you into the house they lived in for awhile & then into the storage unit. It was still pretty neat to see, but I think it would be worth a try to go next year when they do more of an extensive tours. The first Jim Beam sample burnt going down, but the second one, Red Stag, was much better. I bought some yummy Bourbon cherries.
On the way home, we stopped by the JcPenneys outlet store. I think we were in there for HOURS! I think we all got some good deals though.
Then we went back to the hotel & got ready to go out for the night.

Darcy & I

Laura & I

We went out to Asian Moon for some sushi.

Laura trying Sushi for the first AND last time :)

Laura made a valiant effort & tried some sushi, but she didn't like it. Luckily, they had some regular Chinese food that she could try. After we ate, we headed down to Fourth Street Live.

Fourth Street Live.


We ended up at a bar, not sure of the name. We had a good time. I had a blast people watching. It was a very interesting place to do that. I laughed a lot at the people there. Darcy & I danced for quite awhile. We ended up getting up on stage at one point in time because they were giving away free shots if you were up on stage. I am all for free, so I jumped up there. We had a good time. I didn't realize I was feeling the alcohol until we walked over to CVS & I was joking with the cashiers. We headed back to hotel (Laura drove since she didn't drink as much as Darcy & I). We got up on Sunday & headed home. Short, but sweet. A no stress weekend where we did whatever came our way. I'm ready to do it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment