Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Last week was a very sad week for me. My best friend, Ellen, husband died unexpectedly last Tuesday. It was very hard to see her & her kids in so much pain. The same night he passed away, my grandma went into the hospital with congestive heart failure. They got that cleared up, but then said she was in kidney failure. Chris, Darcy, the kids & I went over there on Sunday for Mothers Day. It was very sad. She was quite out of it & very hard to understand. They didn't think she was going to make it through the night. Then yesterday, she started to come out of it. They were going to keep her in the hospital for some time, but were going to move her room because she had so many visitors. :). So, hopefully she is going to make a full recovery from all of this.
Last Thursday was picture day at school. Jillian wore a dress & then on Friday wanted to wear another dress. She looked cute, so I took a picture of her, which is what is below:

Jillian wearing a dress.

I got a new spiffy camera for Mother's Day & the couple of pics below are from that camera on Mother's Day at grannys. I don't think Chris will ever take a car trip with Darcy & I again. We tortured him with old school rap, R&B & country music on the way home. I think he was ready to get the heck out of her car. We stopped at Arni's in Crawfordsville for dinner. It was very tasty at the time, but I don't think the salad agreed with my stomach. I felt awful that evening. UGH!

Jillian at Grannys on Mothers Day.

Jillian & Rhianna at Grannys on Mothers Day.

On Sunday night, after we put Jillian to bed, she got quiet all of a sudden. She normally plays in her bed for quite awhile & isn't quiet about it. Chris went in & found her like this:

Jillian changing her baby sisters diaper & applying Vaseline to her bottom.

He said he almost got mad, but then she looked up at him & said "I'm just changing my baby sisters diaper." How can you get mad at that? LOL. She was so sincere in it all. I'm not quite sure where she got the Vaseline, but she must have gotten out of bed & found it somewhere in her disaster of a room. I hope she really is as good of a big sister as she seems to gonna be. We were laying on the couch on Sunday & she kissed my belly telling me she loved my baby. AWWWW!


No comments:

Post a Comment