Saturday, December 26, 2009

2 weeks of updates

We have had a busy couple of weeks. And I don't have many pictures, so just to forewarn some of you readers, this will be a long blog. LOL
Last Friday, the 18th, Jillian had her first Christmas program at daycare. Quite comical. They were supposed to sing "Away in a Manger" and "Twinkle, Twinkle". She didn't sing either one, but she did stand up on stage and jumped up and down a few times. We were all surprised that she stayed up on stage, but I think that was because it was dark in the auditorium and she couldn't see us. I did get video of it, but no pictures. I have been very bad about taking pictures.
Saturday, the 19th, we went to Greensburg for Christmas with them. It was slightly stressful for me because I was soooo tired & Jillian didn't take a nap. She was also not in her environment, so mommy was her choice of toys, but I didn't really want to play because I was so tired. We made it through even though I was getting a little ticked at Chris because Jillian was up my butt & he wasn't helping much. When we got home, I gave Jillian a bath while she screamed & pitched a fit. She was so mad that I was making her take a bath & since she hadn't had a nap it was awful. I, thankfully, just laughed.
I didn't work Thursday & for some reason, decided to be one of those idiots who went shopping on Christmas Eve. What a nightmare! Then we went down to the Hollands for Christmas with them. We had a nice time. Jillian got alot of stuff, as usual. Her 2 favorite things were the Dora bike below:




And a cute Mickey/Minnie Mouse golf set. She has played with both of those things the most. She also got a couple of Dora DVD's that she has already watched numerous times. We came home & went to bed. Jillian insisted on sleeping with wrapping paper. I think just to try to prolong going to sleep, but I let her go to sleep with it.


After she went to sleep, the wrapping began. I wrapped quite a bit & Chris ran out to Walgreens to get some chalk and dry erase markers for her easel. He said on the way out of WAlgreens he saw a Dora stuffed doll.


This is our tree after Santa left. We weren't sure how Jillian would be the morning of Christmas. We weren't sure if she got the whole Christmas concept. Well, she came into our room at 8:30 a.m. and said "Mommy, Dora is under the tree." So, she obviously got up, came out here and then decided to come get us. She was so excited. I didn't get any pictures, but she would open something and say "oh it is so cuutte." She absolutely loved the Dora doll. She has taken it everywhere we have gone since yesterday morning which includes Rick & Shelley's yesterday and Illinois today. She got lots of games & toys. She wants to play the games, but doesn't really get the concept, so we just get them out and do whatever it is she wants to do with them. We went down to Rick & Shelley's yesterday for a couple of hours. We had a good time. We ate & played some games on the Wii. Then we came home, played some of Jillian's games & went to bed.
Today, Darcy, me and the kids went to see Granny. We had a nice time. Granny cried when we left, like she always does. It affected me more today than normal. I cried as I walked down the hallway to leave. I think Rhianna had a hard time too seeing me cry. She seemed to avoid eye contact with me all of a sudden. When we got home, Chris & Jillian played while I made dinner. Then we ate & I gave Jillian a bath. She got a Dora bath doll that she played with, quite a bit. Messy, but she had a good time. It was cute watching her talk to her like we talk to Jillian while giving her a bath. Then she went to bed without much incidence. I told Chris it was pretty easy tonight, but I was afraid to go in & check on her because of all the stuff she had in her bed when I left. He went in & told me I needed to come look at her. This is how we found her. She loves that doll!! I'm glad he saw it last minute.


Tomorrow is the last of Christmas, thankfully. LOL. It is my families turn. If it weren't for tomorrow, I probably would have taken the tree down tonight. I had some energy & felt pretty good, but figured it should stay up til at least after tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment