Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pregnant!!!!

On December 22, I decided to email my OBGYN and ask to be put on Provera to get the ball rolling on starting Clomid. I knew they would ask me to take a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before I started the Provera. So, I got up on Monday morning, took a Dollar Store pregnancy test, that I was sure it would show negative. And low & behold, it was positive. I wish there was a video camera in the bathroom because I am sure I looked very comical. I thought maybe I was looking at the test incorrectly. I just kept looking at the test & then at the box to make sure I was reading it correctly. LOL. I thought for sure I was reading something wrong! I called Chris right away, who I don't think even knew I was going to take a test and told him....................


I started this post the week of Christmas, but never did finish it. Shortly after starting the post, I started getting sick with morning sickness. It was pretty much debilitating like it was for Jillian. I have alreay been in the hospital once for dehydration (1-4-10). New Years Eve was a bust for me because of my pregnancy, but everyone else seemed to have a good time. Guess there is always next year. They tried to kill me in the hospital with putting in my IV's. I have bruises up and down my arm from where they tried & failed. The nurses finally got an anesthesiologist to do it (wonder what THAT is going to cost!!) Since that trip to the hospital, I have been doing pretty good. I was very nervous about actually getting sick because I didn't want to get on the vicious cycle again of getting sick & then dehydrated. But I have gotten sick a few times & haven't gotten dehydrated. YIPPEE! They actually educated me about what to eat, what to stay away from and that dehydration & nausea is a vicious cycle that is hard to get away from once it has started. So, hopefully, this info will help me control my morning sickness. I have an ultrasound appointment, appointment with an OB nurse & then an appointment with my FAVORITE doctor, Dr. Gates. I will hopefully feel ok & will post that evening or shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment