Sunday, December 13, 2009

This past Monday, the roads in Indy were AWFUL! They were covered in ice! It took me over 2 hours to get Jillian to daycare and back home. I planned on going to work, but I was going to run out of gas if I stayed in traffic too long. It probably would have taken me 3 hours to get to work. On a normal day it would take me 25 minutes top to get her to daycare & then to work, so I was sooo frustrated.
On Wednesday, we had our office Christmas party. We went rock climbing. As you can see below, I made it up the wall once. It was the easiest wall, but I am still very proud of myself. I don't think I will do it very often if ever again, but I can at least say I tried it once.

Me trying to tighten up the darn harnesses!!

Me making it to the top of the wall!!

Relaxing with Ellen after rock climbing.

On Friday, I picked Jillian up at daycare & we headed to Walmart. She was good through Walmart and when I told her we were going to McDonald's she said "Yeah McDonald's" quite loudly a few times. It was cute, but it went downhill from there. She was crying & hollering when we got in the car & I asked what was wrong with her. She said "I sad." I asked her why and she said "I don't know!" I had been asking her what she wanted from McDonald's, she kept going back & forth on chicken & cheeseburger. So, as she is carrying on, I said "Jillian, you can get a cheeseburger & I will get chicken nuggets & you can have some of my nuggets." It was like the faucet was turned off. She immediately stopped crying & started asking what things were that she saw. It was probably a "had to be there" moment, but it was like she was crying so badly because she had to make a decision on what she wanted for dinner from McDonald's!
Saturday we got up & went to Breakfast with Santa. I didn't make her sit on Santa's lap. She didn't even care when her "friends" were getting their pictures with Santa, she was having NONE of that! Below are a few pictures.

Jillian and I at Breakfast with Santa.

Jillian after she "wrote" a letter to Santa.


Jillian and I decorating a "dog tag" necklace.


Ellen, me, Jillian, Shannon & Ray at Breakfast with Santa

We came home & just played. A friend of ours came to visit from Ohio, so my mom came over to watch Jillian, so we could go out. We went to Dawson's for dinner. Man it was sooo good. I was so full, but didn't want to stop eating because the steak just practically melted in my mouth. YUM! Then we went to Kelly's Pub, but didn't stay there too long because Chris started feeling ill. He actually went outside & puked by his car. And not due to alcohol as so many would think. We ended up coming home & it got UGLY from there. He was violently puking til 3:30 a.m. almost every hour. It sounded really bad. He hasn't thrown up since 3:30 a.m., but feels very worn out today & has a low grade fever. I feel so bad for him & his friend, Chris, because we haven't seen him since our wedding & it was kind of a flop. I ended up staying up with Ohio Chris til 1:00 drinking wine, talking & watching Bride Wars.

Some Jillian funnies (or smart butt remarks) from this weekend:
On Friday she said out of the blue "I have an idea" then right after that she said "I have a popsicle idea". So she must have wanted a popsicle even though she never did get one.
Saturday, she was laying in bed with us before we went to breakfast & I told her no about something & she said "don't tell me no". I just laughed because I know where she has heard that before!!
Ellen bought her some candy at Target after breakfast & she said "yumm, this tastes good in my mouth."
I said to her on Saturday "how bout pizza?" she said "how bout no!"
Then today I told her if she didn't do something I was going to spank her and she said "you can't spank me" I resisted, but I wanted to get her out of the bathtub & show her that I COULD spank her.
Everyone says 2-3 yrs of age is bad, but it gets better by 4, I sure hope I can make it because she is so stubborn, hard headed & doesn't listen to me until I have said something 5 times! She is sooo frustrating sometimes. UGH! But I guess it is just a part of parenting & I better get used to it especially if I plan on having another one soon!



































No comments:

Post a Comment