Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life in the Holland household is a bit broke & a bit crazy, but we are very happy. I can't seem to keep the house clean or get to work on time, but I am loving being a mommy of 2.

Jillian is keeping us on our toes with her whit & attitude. She is 3 going on 13! Her memory amazes me on a daily basis. She remembers things from months ago like they happened yesterday! Or I can read a book to her once & she can almost recite the book the next night. She got upset yesterday when we first woke up because she was on one side of me & Carleigh was on the other & she couldn't cuddle with her. Then she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her & told her she was her best friend. She is constantly telling me that she loves me too. She definitely makes me feel loved on most days.

Carleigh is a sweetheart. She isn't sleeping through the night which is frustrating daddy, but I know it will eventually end, so I'm trying to take it in stride. Most nights I do a good job at it, but not every night. Chris & I are dragging on most days. She only really cries when she is hungry. She doesn't like being in a room by herself if she is awake. She smiles a lot at everyone especially daddy & Jillian. She "talks" to me often. They said today at school that she was laughing out loud. I'm hoping she is a little more of the laid back one out of the two girls.


Carleigh with a Mohawk (daddy's doing)
Jillian holding Carleigh.


This past weekend, Saturday we went nowhere other than going to Walmart. It was so nice! Chris ran down to my mom's house to help hook up her washer/dryer. While he was gone, Jillian & I made cookies. She, of course, wanted to roll out the dough & did a great job!



I made frosting & Jillian helped add the coloring. Her frosting turned out brown. She frosted a few cookies herself too. Maybe she will be the next Betty Crocker & take care of her mommy & daddy when she is older.



Sunday, the girls & I went to visit Brooke. We stopped by to see Rhianna at work at DQ. She looked cute in her uniform. LOL. I'm very proud of her. She is such a beautiful, sweet, good natured girl (other than normal teenage stuff). When we got down to Brooke's, Dane was so excited to see Carleigh. Steve said every time Dane sees a picture of a baby, he asks if it is Carleigh. Him & Jillian were "fighting" over who was going to hold her. Dane just kept coming up & touching her face. Very sweet.

This week has taken forever to get over. I'm ready for Thanksgiving & spending some time with the in laws. This weekend, I think my family is coming over to make cookies and/or candy. Gotta keep the tradition alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment