Sunday, March 23, 2014

I really wish I was better at blogging. Just for the fact that I could use it as a journal of all the fun things we do as a family. Maybe one day, I will get better!!
We have had a good 4 months. We did go to see Granny at Thanksgiving. Got together with family for Christmas, other than mine because I got the flu :( Girls were spoiled as normal! The picture below is just from Santa, let alone all the stuff they got at the other Christmas get togethers.
 
Chris and I went to see Peacetrain on New Years Eve for their last show. We had a great time!!! I did shed a few drunken tears at midnight because I missed Rick so much. The last time we had seen Peacetrain on New Years Eve was with him, so it brought back a lot of memories.
 
We went out to dinner as a family for Valentines Day at Olive Garden. We are hoping to make that a family tradition since Chris and I don't celebrate it with each other, figure we can celebrate it with the girls.
Jillian won her read-a-thon fundraiser by raising the most money in her grade. So she got to ride in a stretch limo to Monicals pizza & then got the red carpet treatment when she got back before the talent show. She didn't perform in the talent show, but we stayed to watch it. It was so much fun! The confidence it took for some of those kids to get up on that stage is amazing. I definitely admired them.

 
We have had the snowiest winter since 1981. We have had 51 + inches of snow this season. It was the first day of spring last week & we may get a dusting of snow on Wednesday! It's crazy and I'm getting the winter blues!! I need warmth!! We have had a glimpse or two of a few nice days, but its almost April and you almost wouldn't even know it!!
 



 
We went to a family dance at Jillian's school. I was so proud of Jillian because she actually got out and danced. Carleigh had no problem dancing right away, but I wasn't sure if Jillian actually would or not! I think they both had a good time! Jillian won a door prize of 15% off at Orange Leaf! YUM!!
 




We survived cookie season with Girl Scouts. Jillian's troop sold enough cookies to go to the Mystery Concert in June to see Fifth Harmony. They are very active with field trips, which is good for me because it keeps her active and hopefully will bring her out of her shell a little more each time.
We have gone to birthday parties at Jump N Play (Jillian one day, Carleigh the next), at homes and at a movie theatre. Jillian and I snuck away after a cookie booth and saw the Lego Movie. Chris, the girls and I went and saw Frozen (which we now own & they practically know every word to the song already). Jillian went to the birthday party at the movie theatre and she saw Mr. Peabody and Sherman. We went to Beef N Boards with mom to see "How I Became a Pirate". I think it may have been one of my favorites. And then I brought them home from that and introduced them to the Pirate Movie, which they also know all the words! (which I love because I LOVED that movie as a kid).
Chris and I have gone out on quite a few dates, thanks to my wonderful mother & to the dismay of Shannon!
This past Friday night, I picked Jillian up from daycare a little early, took her to McDonald's and then dropped her off at her Girl Scout leaders house for a Girl Scout field trip (learning about worms. yucky!!). Then went and picked Carleigh up from daycare & took her to McDonald's. Came home and waited for Jillian to return. On Saturday night, we went and saw an award ceremony for Sarah's karate. It was pretty cool to watch her perform and the others perform also. Then we went out to dinner with the family at El Meson (Chris got a chicken sandwich. lol).
Then today, we went to Monster Mini golf. Jillian was freaking out at first (scared by the "monsters"), but by the 5 or 6 hole, she finally calmed down. 
 





So, all in all, we have been a very busy family!! And I'm sure when the weather is consistently nice out, we may be even busier. It's been crazy, busy, fun and I've wanted to pull my hair out every once in awhile, but its been a great few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment