Sunday, November 3, 2013

Well, summer is over & fall is definitely in the air! We did so much this summer and I didn't blog about many of them!  Although, I'm not quite sure anyone even looks, I like to use it as a journal. We did too many things over the summer to even try and type about now. I may go back and write about some of those things, eventually.
Recently, we drove over to Hoopeston Illinois to celebrate my grandma's 87th birthday party. It was a good time. The girls seemed to enjoy themselves and they seem to really love Granny.
I am thinking about going to Red Bud for Thanksgiving, but my car is acting up, so it just depends on my car and finances. It was good to see my family especially Granny!!
Chris and I met Tony and some others downtown to do a "bike" outing on something called Handlebar Indy last weekend. It is pretty much  a bar on bicycle. It was cold when we started but warmed up & was quite a bit of fun! We biked around downtown Indy for about 2 hours.
Sunday, the girls and I went to the Children's Museum Haunted House, with the lights on, of course. Jillian was still scared, but Carleigh just walked through it with no problems. If I went to point something out to Carleigh, Jillian would grab me, stick her head in my back side and cry that she didn't want to see it. LOl. It is amazing the difference in those 2 girls. Then we went to Mark and Annie's for a little Halloween get together. It was a good time. Hopefully, sometime in the spring, we can go over there again & go fishing. Carleigh seems to love Annie.
Thursday was Halloween, but the weather was so bad here, Trick or Treating got rescheduled to Friday November 1. So, we went Trick or Treating over in Ellen's neighborhood, which we have done the last few years. Jillian was a cheerleader and Carleigh was a pink cat. We went over to mom and dad's for a little bit afterwards.

 
Saturday, Jillian went to Pooh at Beef N Boards with her Girl Scout troop. When she got home, we went over to Shannon's so Alvin could look at my car & try to figure out what is wrong with it. Hopefully, it is just a sensor, fingers crossed! After we left there, we went to Pizza Hut. Jillian was good, as usual, Carleigh was good as far as good goes for her. LOL.
Today, the girls and I went to see Disney Junior Live downtown. The shows were cute & it kept Carleigh's attention for the most part. Every souvenir was expensive. Thankfully, the girls were ok with just getting sno cone cups. (they were $12 each though, but that was somewhat cheap).


Then we came home and just hung out. Time changed last night and it worked at getting Carleigh to sleep. She fell asleep before Jillian did and that doesn't happen EVER!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment