Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Skating party


Jillian striking a pose
Jillian and her BFF, Lena

Jillian had her first skating party tonight for her school. I am honestly beyond proud of her even if it was just because of a skating party. Her confidence in herself is really starting to show. She used to be shy and worry about everything (which there is still a small part
of her that still does worry), but she wasn't nervous about going skating for the first time at all. She fell down a lot and said it wasn't easy, but not once did she give up. She even told me that she didn't need me out on the floor with her. She ended up doing pretty well at the end. She called me out on the floor once to try to help her learn how to skate, but then her friends came up to her and she told me I could go off the floor again. She even started to try to dance a little, which was very cute. They did the hokie pokie as the last song and she did some of that, but some others were skating around, so off she went & skated by herself. (Even the principal got out and did the hokie pokie.) She asked if we could go back and go skating again over summer break. She said she even wants a pair of roller skates for her birthday. My little girl is growing up too fast, but like I said, I'm very proud of her, even if it was just because of a skating party.

No comments:

Post a Comment