Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bob stopped by to see the girls on Thursday. They love their Papaw. We had a nice visit. Sounds like they may be moving to Florida sometime in the future. We sure will miss him!!





The girls, Nana & I drove to Red Bud, Illinois on Friday (Nov. 16) after Jillian got out of school. It was somewhat of an uneventful 4 hr drive until about an hour out, Carleigh started coughing & ended up throwing up all over herself. It was so disgusting!! I started to clean it up a little, at least so I could get Carleigh out of her car seat, but I started gagging, so my mom ended up finishing up cleaning. I went into the Taco Bell & cleaned her up. Jillian stressed out some right after Carleigh did it, which was frustrating, but funny at the same time. She was also very sweet to Carleigh. It was so very gross.
We got to Aunt Sallys about 9:00, Indy time. The girls and I stayed at Aunt Sallys that night, which meant, I didn't get much sleep. But, OH WELL!!!!



Carleigh and Jillian loved Aunt Sally's dogs. Sissy (the dog covered by blankets) is pretty laid back & didn't mind the girls petting her. Manny, on the other hand, didn't like it too much. We kept telling the girls to get out of his face & they finally figured it out, when he snapped at Carleighs face. Thankfully, she got away fast enough, I guess, because he didn't end up biting her. But it sure did scare the crap out of her. She climbed on my lap & cried & cried. I had to ask her if he had bit her because she was crying so much and hard.After trying to entertain the girls with no DVD player or cable, we We decided to walk around the small town of Red Bud  & see what they had "downtown". This is Carleigh and Rhianna before we headed out.



This is Granny & my girls in front of a Christmas tree and presents in front of a bank.
We ended up at an antique store that had some things that brought back some memories. Jillian ended up getting a big bear stuffed bear (Darcy says it is a Lazibear, I guess from Lazarus back in the day) and Carleigh got a Barbie laptop. the girls and I decided to get out of there (mainly me) before we ended up breaking anything. So then we drove down to the park.

Then, our cousin Kaylee, turned 13 on Saturday, so we went over there for a birthday party. They had 3 baby kittens there that Carleigh and Jillian adored, Carleigh more than Jillian. We had a very nice time. Both girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousins, Kaylee, Amber, Justin & Cody. They also have a hamster, which Jillian actually seemed to like more than the kittens. Jillian cried when we left because she was having so much fun with the other kids.





Then, we stopped at DQ & McD's and headed to the Red Bud Country Inn. It was still a little hairy getting the girls to fall asleep, but they finally did, both in my bed. Which this bed was bigger than our Aunt Sally's, so it wasn't too bad.

We got up today (still really freaking early), ate some breakfast and headed over to Aunt Peggy's to say goodbye to all of them and granny too. Aunt Sally, unfortunately, had to work at 6:00 a.m. this morning, so we didn't really get to say goodbye to her. The ride home was uneventful too, except for the fact that Jillian and Carleigh fought over 2 balloons for about 2 hrs. I ended up taking them away & all was well in the world again after awhile. So, it was an exhausting weekend, but still we had a good time. I am so glad we got to go and see everyone! I would like to go back sometime in the Spring/Summer and go to the Arch, Grants Farm and the St. Louis Zoo. And now I know the girls will survive the drive and there is a nice hotel we can stay in when we go.








No comments:

Post a Comment