Sunday, December 19, 2010

We have been so busy. I have pictures to post, but it is late & my computer takes forever to download them.

A couple of weeks ago, Darcy came over & watched the girls while Chris & I went to see Peacetrain & stay at a hotel. What a great gift from Darcy. Chris & I definitely needed to get away for awhile. And by staying at a hotel, we could drink & sleep in, which I never get to do! I actually slept off & on til 10:30 on Sunday morning. Woo hoo. We met up with Paul, Mark & Annie. It is always great seeing Peacetrain & I love those 3 people, so it made the night even better. I did get slightly intoxicated, but thankfully, I didn't have much of a hangover.

We had Christmas in Greensburg on the 18th. We had a nice time. Jillian wasn't actually stuck up my rear like she normally is recently. She wore Britney out though. She still is talking about Britney. She got a pop up Monkey tent & absolutely loved it. She ended up staying up the whole time we were there. She finally fell asleep around 1:00 a.m. on the way home! She slept til 8:30. Then we went down to Darcys for my side of the families Christmas. We had a nice time there too. It was nice to have Granny here at Christmas time. I got Chris tickets to an IU game, so he stayed for awhile & then left to go to the game. He felt bad about leaving, but I told him he should go. He said it was a good game.

This week at work was a little crazy because we got new computers & there are still some bugs to work out. Unfortunately, I'm the one that has to deal with the bugs & I am not enjoying it! We only saw patients on Wed & Thursday, but I was still quite stressed.

Thursday, we went down to Bob & Lana's for the Holland Christmas. As usual, we got lots of gifts & had a great time. Chris & I (w/girls) and Rick & Shelley (w/girls) stayed the night. We all drank quite a bit. Brooke & Steve (w/boys) went home though after awhile because his family was coming over the next day. So Brooke drank, but Steve didn't. We stayed up quite late down there too. I love hanging out with his family. Makes me enjoy this time of year even more. Jillian once again didn't go to sleep until 1:30ish. She was back up around 7:00! I still needed to shop for Chris so I asked her if she wanted to go to Walmart with me about 8:30 & she said no, so I ran out the door. LOL. I even forgot my wallet, had to go back to get it & she still didn't care that I left again! She has had a very snotty nose, so we gave her some medicine. Then we left around 11:30. She was either tired from the medicine or just worn out, but she fell asleep before we even left their neighborhood. We were asking her if she was ok & she was even whispering to us about whether she was ok or not. We got home, she was a little upset for a bit because I wouldn't lay with her & then she was out again for about 4 hours!! She has never slept that long. Then she got up & we made some cookies for Santa. She finally fell asleep around 10:00 so then Santa's helpers had to wrap his presents & put together some of the toys he got Jillian. We were up again til 1:00. She woke up at 8:30, but didn't seem as excited as she was last year. She got a pillow pet & said "look, Santa got me a pillow pet from Walmart." haha. Goofy girl. She played with everything she got at least once. I think she was very happy, but Chris said something just seemed off with her. Who knows! She has so much stuff I don't think she knows what to do with it all. She got a Dora couch & loves it.
I will post pictures of the last few weeks soon. Our house is a mess & it is driving me nuts, so I just need to get it clean before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment